SUU Football

SUU Football
Captains before game against Northen Iowa

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Week 6? I'm not sure

We've hit a certain number of workouts by now in the winter. I lose track, and I thought I wouldn't with this blog. We've seen a few guys fall behind and a lot of them exceed to their potential. The gains in the weight room are really fun to watch. The sad part is when a few guys can't handle it and they leave behind their dream. they say they have more important things to do, but they always come back saying, "Man, I miss it."

More sacrifices are being made with dedication and body weight. One of the things we stress in our program is how much we weigh according to the position we play. For example, Austin Anderson. He first came into SUU as a scrawny quarterback weighing about 200 pounds. Then he moved to linebacker and put on 25 pounds. Now, he is being transferred to a defensive end and is now weighing over 235 pounds and looking to gain more. I admire how hard he has worked and he looks so different then when I first saw him at SUU.

I've gained like 10 pounds since the end of last season and my coach said I looked fat. It's all apart of the plan to get stronger. I'm going to take what my coach said to help me not be fat, because that's just embarrassing. 


2 comments:

  1. Mikey. Anita just put up a new slideshow on the SUU weight room on Alive! Utah. You should link it to your blog. It would be good content.

    ReplyDelete
  2. who said you look fat? i want names!!!

    ReplyDelete