SUU Football

SUU Football
Captains before game against Northen Iowa

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

SPRING BALL!

Yes, spring ball has finally arrived. We had our first practice yesterday, and with many new players, it was quite sloppy. Some guys didn't know where to go, some guys mixed up some plays. However, I talked to the offensive coordinator, Steve Clark, and he was very optimistic saying, "I thought today was great! Many players were playing very fast and getting down all of their assignments." I was pleased to hear that.

Coach Lamb said at the end of the practice that he likes to walk through the locker rooms about five minutes before practice starts to kind of round up the guys that are still getting ready, or are getting last second treatment or tape jobs. He said, when he walked through today, there wasn't a single player in the locker room. Everyone came out early.

I stayed after practice for a hot minute to catch some balls with Jake Allie. As we were throwing I told him, "I forgot how much I missed football. Once I ran the first play I felt so good" He concurred. 'Tis a happy time in T-Bird town!

1 comment:

  1. There are only 2 sports....football and spring football!!!

    ReplyDelete