SUU Football

SUU Football
Captains before game against Northen Iowa

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Injuries

Injuries are an essential part of sports. In most cases you can't prevent it. It really "just happens". It has happened to our team a lot this spring. For the most part it has happened to many starters due to the high amount of reps they take. When they get hurt, it gives the younger players a chance to play when it didn't seem likely that they would ever play.

Probably the nastiest injury thus far in Spring Ball goes to Darron Griffin. It was a play I was involved in, and it could have been my fault. I was running to block one of the linebackers and he basically got the best of me. trailing behind me was Daron, he was pulling to pick up the next backer and he had his hand on my back to kind of guide his way through the hole. When I blown back, his finger got caught in my pads and his middle finger bone broke and ripped through the skin. I heard about his injury a few minutes later and I almost threw up because that stuff just freaks me out. the next day I learned that his bone was basically on my shoulder. It wasn't very serious, it has been repaired and he will be back on the field soon.

The one big thing that has hurt us with injuries is that we won;t be having our annual "Read and White Spring Game". We just don't have enough players to form two teams. We will be having a regular scrimmage instead. It won't be as fun, but you'll still get to see the players perform. We hope y'all can make it! This Saturday at 11:30 a.m. at Eccles Coliseum.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if you're getting graded on grammar but I feel like you should be and with your coach being an English major you should really change they first sentence to read "Injuries ARE...."

    ReplyDelete