SUU Football

SUU Football
Captains before game against Northen Iowa

Monday, April 23, 2012

A Nice Moment

I remember the feeling I had when Coach Lamb told me that I would be receiving a half scholarship. All of my hard work had finally paid off to the point where I was recognized and I could help ease the burden of my parents paying for school. It was a very humbling moment for my family and I.

Last week, Coach Lamb announced in a team meeting that four guys were receiving scholarships. They hadn't heard anything from him until that moment. It was one of the sweetest things I had ever seen, like when the people in that Extreme Makeover show when they reveal the new house. Three of the four guys were sitting close to each other and praises and cheers and applauding broke out for those guys that really deserved it. One of them pointed up to the sky and whispered "thank you". It was very precious and it helped me realize that football is more than just a game.

No comments:

Post a Comment